1. He understands. The two of you may not always agree, but he definitely tries to see your side of things. And even if he can't relate to what you're upset about, he still tries to calm you down and makes you feel better about the situation and yourself.
2. He tells you. Oh, those three special words, I love you. They are the words some men have major trouble saying. Hearing him say "I love you," and knowing he means every word, is a great sign that he's in this for the long haul.
3. He shows you. Everyone knows that men have trouble expressing their feelings with words. This is why they often feel more comfortable using other forms of expression, like taking you out for dinner when he thinks you need a break from cooking or understanding that you might need some time to yourself. While you may like to hear those sweet whispers of affection from him, sometimes actions speak louder than words.
4. He listens to you. Is he genuinely interested in what you're saying when you talk to him? Does he give you his undivided attention during your conversations, instead of having the television blaring in the background? Showing that he cares enough to listen to what you have to say is an important sign of how committed he is to your relationship.
5. He's happy around you. Smiles? Laughter? Excited to spend time with you? Glad just to be with you? If he can't get enough of you, this is an unmistakable sign that he's really attracted and in love.
6. He compliments you. He notices when you change something about your appearance. He appreciates when you take the time to look great. When he looks you up and down admiringly with a little smile and tells you how beautiful you are, you know you matter.
7. He takes care of you. Is he your guardian angel? Does he baby you when you're sick and nurse you back to health? If the answer is 'yes', then it's a pretty sure bet you've got a good thing going.
8. His friends and family like you. You can gauge how a man feels about you from the way his circle of friends and family treat you. If you are held in high regard, and they have embraced you like one of their own, it's a fact he's been telling them how happy he is to have you in his life.
9. He appreciates you. Telling you how proud he is of your achievements or praising you to his family and friends is a wonderful signal. It's a sign he is in deep appreciation of who you are to him.
10. He asks for your opinion. He asks for your advice, considers it, and may put it to good use. When important decisions are at stake concerning him, he doesn't just go ahead and decide on his own what he thinks is right.
11. He lets you win (sometimes). Let's say the two of you are fighting over the remote -- you want to watch Family Guy reruns while he wants to watch a soccer game. If he happily sits through an episode of Stewie's shenanigans (but makes you promise to watch the Brazilian match in an hour), you've got a keeper. No one wants a pushover, but he's gotta let you win occasionally.
12. He makes you feel special. Does he make you feel like the most important person in the world? Is he always trying to keep the romance alive? Bringing you flowers or breakfast in bed are great signs that he cares. If he's always going out of his way to make you feel exceptional hold on tight -- this guy is the One.